Re: veritas backup via RMAN troubles

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:24:23 -0800

Joe, have you tried the Veritas support site?

There's a lot there, sometimes too much.

Jared

"Testa, Joe" <Joe.Testa_at_safelite.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 03/26/2003 10:04 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        veritas backup via RMAN troubles

AIX 5.1, oracle 9ir2(9.2.0.1), veritas 4.5 followed instructions for installing veritas on disk, got the agent, did NOT relink oracle executable, but ran the oracle install script so the link from /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.a64 is linked to $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.a
Set(and unset multiple times), LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Continue to get ORA-27211 Failed to load media management library. Been thru RMAN chapters multiple times, I'm totally out of ideas(and read every damn document on metalstink about this error). I've also tried to use the dummy MML library and that works fine. What the heck am I doing wrong?
thanks, joe

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:24:23 CST