RE: Unable to connect to OMS on Redhat 8.0 server.

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:53:47 -0800

Good luck. We've had nothing but problems trying to use that config. As far as we could tell, the DB was fine. It was the external Java stuff that didn't work, specifically OMS. It would be fine for a connect or two, then crash, then not want to restart.

And of course, since there are no FREE Linuxes "supported" (That has GOT to change -- what's the point of going to Linux if I have to pay for it, Oracle Corp??? I'd rather stick with Solaris, which ironically is free on Sun's hardware.) for 9iR2, you're probably S.O.L., like us.

<sigh> Is 8:50 AM too early for beer???

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 08:53:47 CST