trace files

From: Ehresmann, David <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:03:19 -0600

List, I have a 9iRel2 instance on AIX5.1 64-bit. Everything is fine but I consisently get these 2 trace files in pairs in bdump:

1st one:
/bdump/cosint7x_ora_671922.trc
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
ORACLE_HOME = product/64/9.2.0

System name:	AIX
Node name:	xxxxx
Release:	1
Version:	5
Machine:	xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Instance name: cosint7x
Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 0
671922

2nd one:
/bdump/cosint7x_lgwr_1916984.trc
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
ORACLE_HOME = /product/64/9.2.0

System name:	AIX
Node name:	xxxxxxx
Release:	1
Version:	5
Machine:	xxxxxxxxxxxx

Instance name: cosint7x
Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1
Oracle process number: 4
Unix process pid: 1916984, image: oracle_at_xxxxxxx (LGWR)

I am not achiving this instance, I did a sql>archive log list and it is disabled. LOG_ARCHVE_DEST_1-10 are not set, but LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_STATE_1-10 are enabled when I do a sql>show parameter log. This must be a default setting? Can anybody explain these two trace files? Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 16:03:19 CST