RE: Sendmail and Oracle Internet Directory

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:31:06 -0600

EGAD!!! I just fired up ODM on an old OID (been awhile -- forgot passwords, etc) and sure enough: it doesn't allow you to create or modify and Matching Rules! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUGH! I'm thinking that you could still add this with the command line tools, though. The problem's that Oracle Corp will probably stomp over that OID (Object ID) with one of it's proprietary matching rules or something and you'll be S.O.L. It may also break future patches and "upgrades". If you're using OID's f'd-up version of Replication, well that's just asking for trouble.

Good gravy. I think you're beginning to see some of the reasons why we dumped OID in favor of a *REAL* LDAP.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Start yelling (nicely) at your Oracle salesman! Maybe they can get some input into The Powers That Be (or directly to the OID product manager for anyone on this list who may have that contact <wink wink>).

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA