Problems installing Developer on XP

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babette_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 17:11:32 -0500

I am trying to install Developer 6i on a Pentium 4 Xeon The Oracle Universal Intaller has a problem and tries to send error report to Microsfot.

I checked Metalink and the workaround was to search for symcjit.dll in the install directories and rename to symcjit.old ... did this.

Also the solution was to replace JInitiator 1.1.7 with JInitiator 1.1.8. I checked and when I installed Oracle 9i on this machine the 1.1.8 was installed and I do not have the 1.1.7 under c:\programs\oracle\jre

Any other ideas on what to do ???

Thanks - Babette Received on Sat Mar 22 2003 - 16:11:32 CST