RE: Error while running export backup shell script

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:46:39 +0800

I presume that the "mknod" does NOT report an error and actually does create a pipe device ?

Let's see the other errors
LRM-00112 multiple values not allowed for parameter 'string' Cause: An attempt was made to specify multiple values for a parameter which can take only one value.
Action: Do not specify more than one value for this parameter.

EXP-00019 failed to process parameters, type 'EXP HELP=Y' for help Cause: Invalid command-line parameters were specified. Action: Check the online help screen for the set of valid parameters, then retry.

Have you tried running the functions in the do_export() in a seperate command file
to see that the mknod and the exp commands run properly ?

Note that if you are still getting messages like Message 112 not found; No message file for product=ORACORE, facility=LRM and
Message 19 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=EXP it DOES mean that your ORACLE_HOME is not getting set in the environment.

Which shell is the script running in ? Are you sure that the "export ORATAB=/var/opt/oracle/oratab" and other lines are actually exporting of the variables ? Else try ORATAB=/var/opt/oracle/oratab; export ORATAB and so on

Hemant