RE: Proc*C Errors

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:34:29 -0500

>My oracle using version is 8.0.0.5.
>Now , I'm programming proc .
>When I precompile them and fail. But I can't see
>what happened .and
>where the errors are.
>So I look carefully for errors in large file.
>Is there some way to show where the error is .and
>what the error is .
>Can you give me your hand .
>Thanks in advance!

Do you get the error when you PREcompile (ie when you run pcc) or during the compile phase? I guess that a pcc error should be relatively explicit. It's a bit more difficult when the compiler finds the error, because the .c file which is in input of the compiler is pretty different from the .pc file you wrote. The C compiler should tell you where the error is - in the .c file. Edit the .c file, go to this line, if it's code you have written you should be able to recognize it and correct it in the .pc file, if it's code inserted by Oracle it probably means you have misused the precompiler. Scroll back till you find your EXEC SQL statement (commented in the .c file), then try to fix the .pc.  All this explains why I have switched to OCIs some years ago.

HTH, Stephane Faroult Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 02:34:29 CST