RE: RE: Ab Initio, Unix Scripting, and Datawarehousing

From: Turner, Adrian A SITI-ITPSIE <Adrian.A.Turner_at_is.shell.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:53:44 +0100

I've had Ab Initio accessing my databases at several uk based large telcos. It was used to pre-process extremely high volumes of call data records. It can scale very well and runs across many platforms - UNIX, OS390, NT.

On UNIX it essentially generates multiple shell scripts which call bespoke executables and communicate via sockets and pipes to parallelize the data stream.

To gain experience at this enterprise level you will likely need direct hands on experience before anyone would touch you.

Adrian

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Stephane Paquette
  INET: stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca