Re: Temporary Tablespace and RAC

From: Murali Vallath <murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:06:47 -0500

Hello Ashok

What are u seeing to make you believe that you need separate temp segements per instance?

Murali Vallath

From: "Balakrishnan, Ashok - VSCM" <Balakrishnan.Ashok_at_vectorscm.com> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: Temporary Tablespace and RAC
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:14:18 -0800

Is there a way in RAC that I can create 2 TEMP tablespaces which can be explicitly assigned to separate instances of RAC. Or is there a way that to specify the size of the instance-specific temp segments? If I have a TEMP tablespace with a size of 10GB, how can i split it between 2 instances with 5GB each. We're using 9.2.0.2.

Are there any white papers that talk about how TEMP is managed in RAC?

As I understand it, if you have a single TEMP tablespace, there will be 2 temp segments created under the TEMP tablespace specific to each instance and extents will be allocated from those segments to each instance's session, but Oracle doesn't allow for TEMP space to be pre-allocated between instances. Depending on the instance-specific TEMP segment's requirements, it allocates and deallocates automatically between segments.

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 20:06:47 CST