Thin JDBC and IPC -- was re: OT: 11i Autoupgrade and IPC

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:49:54 +0800

Your issue really relates to Thin JDBC and IPC. I'm not sure that Thin JDBC can use IPC.
See Note 70154.1 on MetaLink.
"The JDBC Thin driver connects to any Oracle database of version 7.2 and   higher, although at the time of this writing the lowest level of Oracle server
  supported is 8.1.7. The JDBC Thin driver allows a direct connection to the   database by emulating Net8 and TTC (two-task common) on top of Java   sockets. The driver supports only TCP/IP protocol and requires a TNS   listener to be listening on TCP/IP sockets from the database server. " and
"Because the JDBC OCI driver interfaces to Oracle databases through OCI, it   is compatible with all Oracle database versions, and supports all installed   Net8 adapters, including IPC, named pipes, TCP/IP, and SPX/IPX."

Hemant
At 11:53 AM 18-03-03 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anyone successfully run Autoupgrade with IPC?
>
>We've been completed upgrading test cases of our HR Application (11.5.7,
>8.0.6/8.1.7, HPUX 11.0) successfully until this last test where I
>configured the workers to use the IPC protocol. Autoupgrade runs for
>several hours okay and then bombs with msg below.
>
>MTS is NOT configured. The protocol is all that's changed between this
>attempt and the last which was successful.
>****************************************************************************************************************
>jre "-mx128m" "-nojit" "oracle.apps.ak.akload" "APPS" "******" "thin"
>"(DESCRIPT
>ION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(key=xt22))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=xt22)))"
>"DOWNLOAD" "/c
>ode01_106/applmgr/11i/xt22/ak/11.5.0/out/akcattr.jlt" "GET_CLIENT_DATA"
>"ATTRIBU
>TE"
>Error: 17002 Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the
>connectio
>java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not
>establish the
> connection
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java)
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja
>va)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:83)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)
> at oracle.apps.ak.Parameters.<init>(Parameters.java:175)
>
>--
>--
>Author: Tortorelli, Mary Jo
> INET: tortorelli_at_ppg.com

Hemant K Chitale Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:49:54 CST