Re: Value of OCP

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:45:58 -0800 (PST)

> anything? It means the person took time to study and pass a test. It

well, not even that really. I made it a point of pride to neither study nor take classes for certification. I passed the Chauncey test (the original 7.3 OCP before Oracle took it back), the two upgrade exams for OCP 7.3, the upgrade for 8.0 and 8i WITHOUT studying anything at all. And in the case of the 8 and 8i exams, without ever having worked with or seen 8 or 8i

All the certification proves is that you can take a standardized multiple choice test. It tells NOTHING about the intelligence or ability to think and reason of the certificate holder.

I'm fairly sure my hands-on experience with Oracle is what has really gotten me jobs. None of my bosses or interviewers even knew what OCP was

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:45:58 CST