RE: Value of OCP

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:46:15 -0500

I don't think that getting OCP certification is any guarantee of a pay raise unless it is in the initial requirements for the particular job or in the yearly review requirements.
 I hold my OCP certifications for my own satisfaction and well being not for the advantage of my employer. It is some thing that you have to want to make it of any value to yourself. If your employer really wanted the OCP certification then they have two choices, 1,assist you with your quest any way possible or 2, hire someone with the OCP. It's as simple as that. My shrinking 2 cents.
Ron

>>> rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com 03/19/03 02:05PM >>>
Same with me for 7.3 to 9i OCP , no increment even no reimbursement of test
fees either.....

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:35:32 -0800

Dang, I gotta get a copy of that report to my manager! After going through the 7.3, 8, 8i and 9i OCP AND the OCM, I don't think any of them
got me a pay increase! ;)

Pete
"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
   INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Pete Sharman
   INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com

Author: M Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com