Re:partitioning

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:49:07 -0500

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish. You get one insert for one record. Which partition is used depends on how you set them up. If your wanting the partitions to be used in a circular fashion I believe that is accomplished with a hash partition and you get to create the hashing method.

Dick Goulet

Subject: partitioning
Author: "Basavaraja; Ravindra" <Ravindra.Basavaraja_at_T-Mobile.com> Date: 3/19/2003 11:00 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to achieve horizontal partitioning in Oracle.

Assuming that I have about 8 partitions for a table.When there is INSERT onto this table I want one record
to be inserted into each partition i.e
1st record goes into partition 1
2nd record goes into partition 2
3rd record goes into partition 3
8th record goes into partition 8
9th record goes into partition 1.

I guess this feature is available in Informix handled by The informix engine.I am not sure if Oracle has something
similiar to this OR is it possible to design a logic and embede it ,but what would be the performance effect?

Any thoughts or similiar ideas

Thanks

Author: Basavaraja, Ravindra
  INET: Ravindra.Basavaraja_at_T-Mobile.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:49:07 CST