RE: Value of OCP

From: <David.Schmoldt_at_gazettecommunications.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:54:20 -0600

> All the certification proves is that you can take a standardized
> multiple choice test. It tells NOTHING about the intelligence or
> ability to think and reason of the certificate holder.
>
> I'm fairly sure my hands-on experience with Oracle is what has really
> gotten me jobs. None of my bosses or interviewers even knew what OCP
> was

Rachel,

I agree. I'll always take real world experience over a certificate. The certificate means a person knows how to recite specific answers to specific questions. It doesn't mean they can think through a production database crash recovery, deal with users, etc. Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 15:54:20 CST