Ab Initio, Unix Scripting, and Datawarehousing

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 9:20:35 -0500

  1. Has anyone ever used Ab Initio? Is it some kind of data conversion tool? What is the the learning curve on it? Is there online documentation and do they have a freeware version to download? I want to learn it. Dont want to use it for development.
  2. What is a good Unix scripting book for Oracle Developers? Dont need a Using Oracle as a DBA on Unix. Just one on basic scripting. My Unix skills are weak and I want to improve them. I have Redhat at home. What should I concentrate on?
  3. In theory I know the difference between a datawarehouse and an OLTP, but as a developer is the work really that different? I understand star schemas etc... Just need to know how different the work is.