RE: Inband and Outband Net8 question

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:44:04 -0800

Out of band breaks are pimarily used to cancel a query or transaction. In the new OCCI, out of band breaks corresponds to the "cancel" method in the ResultSet class or "terminateStatement" in the Connection class. I sort of hate this stuff. Those things used to be called ocan and obreak and OCCI was OCI and it worked just as fine if not better. OCCI is one enormous monster that I have neither will nor desire to use. The purpose of these two statements was to break whatever your session was doing and it was implemented like a network version of signal delivery, much like ctrl-C.

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 08:44:04 CST