AW: From Microsoft Access to Oracle

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 05:23:43 -0800

Hi

We extensively used OO4O with Access 2000. It works fine, gives you all the Oracle specific stuff, but ... it's more work, since you have to code more things.
I personally think it's worth it, eventhough I wouldn't go with Access in the first place. If it has to be VB, why not use VB 6.0 and Access just to display reports. There are lots of things (e.g. using ocx controls like the MS tree control in Access) that make you want to commit suicide. Nevertheless, the data access itself through OO4O works and we didn't have any problems with it.

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Jahnke
Consultant
BOV Aktiengesellschaft
Voice: +49 201 - 4513-298
Fax: +49 201 - 4513-149
mailto: stefan.jahnke_at_nospam.bov.de
Please remove nospam to contact me via email.

visit our website: http://www.bov.de <http://www.bov.de/> subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.bov.de/presse/newsletter.asp <http://www.bov.de/presse/newsletter.asp>

Sicherheitsluecken mit IT-Security-Konzepten von BOV effizient schliessen! Weitere Informationen unter +49 201/45 13-240 oder E-Mail an mailto:andrea.palluck_at_bov.de <mailto:andrea.palluck_at_bov.de> .

Wie Sie wissen, koennen ueber das Internet versandte E-Mails leicht unter fremden Namen erstellt oder manipuliert werden. Aus diesem Grunde bitten wir um Verstaendnis dafuer, dass wir zu Ihrem und unserem Schutz die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit der vorstehenden Erklaerungen und Aeusserungen ausschliessen.

As you are probably aware, e-mails sent via the Internet can easily be copied or manipulated by third parties. For this reason we would ask for your understanding that, for your own protection and ours, we must decline all legal responsibility for the validity of the statements and comments given above.

Author: Stefan Jahnke
  INET: Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 07:23:43 CST