RE: keep pool

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:33:53 -0800

AK

   Since I don't see where anyone posted a reply to your question, here are the lines I added to my init.ora to implement the keep and recycle pools. This is a 4-CPU system. It took me awhile to understand that you need to increase the latches, but not by much.
db_block_buffers = 200000
db_block_lru_latches = 6
buffer_pool_keep = (buffers:90000, lru_latches:2) buffer_pool_recycle = (buffers:10000, lru_latches:1)

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 16:33:53 CST