RE: Standby errors

From: Ball, Terry <TBall_at_birch.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:38:53 -0800

Actually, the command to force the switch is: alter system switch logfile;
alter system archive log all;

I did not set the script up, I just inherited it. THe thinking is, since a hot backup and log switch is going to be done anyway, why not ftp the archive logs after the switch, but as part of the same process.

Unfortunately, we did not get the upgrade completed this weekend.

The log files were the same size on the production database as on the standby (i.e. too small). We did another hot backup as soon as it was discovered, so that we would not be without a recoverable backup, but wanted to know what had caused the archive log process to create logs that it couldn't read.