RE: can't create database

From: Joe Johnson <jjohnson_at_gr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:03:43 -0800

Hi,

This site has a good description of how to use the ipcs and ipcrm commands to clean up these left-over memory segments following the shutdown. I've found that using the technique shown on this site minimizes the need to reboot when this problem occurs.

Hope this helps,

Joe Johnson, OCP
Senior Database Administrator
Greenbrier & Russel, Inc.
Madison, Wisconsin USA

"Let us linger here a while in the foolishness of things"

-Unknown

Author: Joe Johnson
  INET: jjohnson_at_gr.com