RE: Buffer_Pool KEEP

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:13:52 -0800

Hussain

    I wish there was. I hope someone will reply with a good method. First, add up all the blocks for the tables and their indexes you have assigned to the KEEP pool. Some of them may have grown over the past months and you may not have enough space allocated for all of them. Check the BHR for the KEEP pool to see what hit ratio you are getting. It should be 100%. Past that, you can consider the tables you have assigned to the KEEP pool and other small tables that you haven't assigned to the KEEP pool to decide if you have the best candidates assigned. You are looking for small tables that are accessed a lot. Based on your analysis and the available memory, you may decide to increase or reduce the size of the KEEP pool. Again, I really hope you (and I) receive a better reply.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 08:13:52 CST