Re: Data Transfer or Views from SQL Server to Oracle

From: Nikunj Gupta <good_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:59:16 -0800

Hello Stephane,

Thanks for the reply.. yes the volume is not too big.. but even then it will be substantial amount of data transferred only from SQL Server to Oracle.

I was not willing to write an application, but seems from the reply there is no other way.. at present.. (I tried from Oracle to Access just to test).. and was able to create views using ODBC.. If it was Windows (SQL Server) to Windows (Oracle) ODBC would have been the best way communicate... I believe..

Anyway.. will put VB / Java to work.

Nikunj

Author: Nikunj Gupta
  INET: good_dba_at_hotmail.com