RE: rollback segment

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:19:06 -0800

AK

   Sometime when your system isn't at its peak, just take the segment offline. Then wait a little while and check the status. Oracle won't take the segment offline as long as active processes are using it. Oracle won't let you drop it until it is able to take it offline.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 14 2003 - 16:19:06 CST