RE: Is range partitioning possible on part of varchar2 column ???

From: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:29:10 -0800

This seems to be a good idea. I will see if this is acceptable to my people. Earliar I suggested to change to date field, and was not acceptable for them as there seems plenty of code needs to be changed. I will see if this change is acceptable for them.

One thing I could understand clearly from the LIST MEMBERS is that it is not at all possible to range partition without changing the column type/contents. I have two options now, one with what you suggested.

Thanks for your help and thanks for all those who replied.

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com

Author: Janardhana Babu Donga
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu