RE: ODBC access to Oracle db

From: Stephane Paquette <stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:48:49 -0800

Access is very appreciated by our end users here. On the most sensible systems we worked with the dev teams on the login procedure.
We usually enable a role in the login procedure so the users can only connect to the database via the application. Another way we had implemented security is that we padded the username with a string, so it's application username is not the same as the Oracle username.

Stephane Paquette
Administrateur de bases de donnees
Database Administrator
Standard Life
www.standardlife.ca
Tel. (514) 925-7187
stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca <mailto:stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Author: Stephane Paquette
  INET: stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca