RE: Create rollback segment under ORACLE 9ir2 failed????

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:30:03 -0800

And what Pete said does work.
Here is a report from my testing of undo mode switching (AUM <-> MUM). Rollback tablespace was already created.

SQL> create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback; create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'ROLLBACK'

SQL> create rollback segment junk tablespace system;

Rollback segment created.

SQL> create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback; create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'ROLLBACK'

SQL> alter rollback segment junk online;

Rollback segment altered.

SQL> create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback;

Rollback segment created.

SQL> alter rollback segment rbs01 online;

Rollback segment altered.

SQL> alter rollback segment junk offline;

Rollback segment altered.

SQL> drop rollback segment junk;

Rollback segment dropped.

HTH,