Re: Create rollback segment under ORACLE 9ir2 failed????

From: Daniel W. Fink <optimaldba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:50:32 -0800

Mike, et.al,

    Mea Culpa. Please ignore my previous post. I failed to properly context switch from my Automatic Undo mode.

    IIRC, as of 7.3, the requirement for a second rollback segment in SYSTEM was removed, with minor exceptions. I think the one that is biting you is that a second RBS must be created in SYSTEM if the rollback segment tablespace is locally managed. This is the default for 9i, where the default for 8i was dictionary. Check the allocation_type for the tablespace. If it is not dictionary, drop and recreate the tablespace as dictionary or create the second rbs in system.

--
Daniel W. Fink
http://www.optimaldba.com

IOUG-A Live! April 27 - May 1, 2003 Orlando, FL
   Sunday, April 27 8:30am - 4:30pm - Problem Solving with Oracle 9i SQL
   Wednesday, May 1 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Automatic Undo Internals

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Daniel W. Fink INET: optimaldba_at_yahoo.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).