Sql*Loader problem...

From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:44:05 -0800

Hi...

I would like to receive a bit of your help (I've been looking at Metalink with no luck).

I'm having a sql*loader problem when I try to insert records in a table field.

The problem is:
my data file has a column with MORE THAN 255 characters long, and sql*loader rejects the records that exceed that limit!

The data are generated by an app called NetCache. And, for auditing, we need to load the data into the oracle database.

I'm having problems with just one column: URL_VISITED varchar2(4000)

Any ideas, help would be appreciated!.

I need to load a string like this:
(A workaround could be SUBSTRac

just the first 255 chars )

'http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/sbox?did=1&t=4zO *OzYH5DI!K5JDg2lw3GV*Z17S74coVgj5bSbi3Idhx6CPvVsK3Eh bHes!GVxjYRKdxmfIAmoF1SvuqW0Vd5rQ$$&p=4wcx4xWmyGq6jd OZdt9566bmc4SziYsk6XKA60n*bkWwcK3UuKf8dzl1ykTjzYsAhK YN8wfQ6ay2rrR1FSRXj*djcyllOvUfV5H8drR6iESnR6PEig6lqH Cv7iH*opeUYbDd4IlZxxwRC6pqrKos5CLOW2iSBE5fp4L2g71b7E LgER0F!Eiw0XdUZsVKN!a17yI*bRtievO7lRyJefsNcjcA$$&js=yes'

Regards!
JL

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online http://webhosting.yahoo.com