Re: POLL: Database to DBA ratio

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:03:51 -0800

RE: POLL: Database to DBA ratioWith such a large # of databases to support, how do you divide up the work? Does everyone administer all of the databases, or are databases assigned to a DBA? How do you handle on-call?

  350 Oracle Databases spread across US and Europe.   14 full time, 4 part time.
  75% of applications are designed and built in-house.

  Author: Deshpande, Kirti
    INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Chuck Hamilton
  INET: chuckh_at_softhome.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 18:03:51 CST