RE: DBV Cannot Load Module LIBDCE.A

From: Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:15:58 -0800

Hi all,

First, thanks Jared for the info.

The libdce.a file does not exist on any of our AIX servers. It just AINT there!

I typed libdce.a into google and from there downloaded PTF2,3, and 4 that are supposed contain DCE fixes to this file. Instructions say to rename the old file and replace it with this new file.

After the download, I was not able to uncompress the files on my XP workstation. So I ftp'd the file (in binary mode) to our AIX server and used uncompress to expand the files to libdce2.exe, libdce3.exe, libdce4.exe (originally the files were named libdce2.exe.Z, etc.). The .exe extension confused me (I am told .exe is Windows only, not UNIX).

I ftp'd the files back to my workstation, and tried running it from DOS. I get an error message "Program too big to fit in memory". However, the exe is only 217,856 bytes (not kilobytes). My next step was to ask my neighbour if he could unzip the original libdce2.exe.Z on his W2K workstation - he was successful! However, he received the same message when he attempted to run the resultant .exe on his workstation.

I am relatively new to UNIX (took a course, and did some reading, but not much hands-on). I am told by a more experience colleague that .exe's do not run on UNIX. So now I am at a loss on what to try next.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam Bootsma
George Brown College
sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca
416-415-5000 x4933

Author: Sam Bootsma
  INET: sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 16:15:58 CST