Re: can't create database

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:24:38 -0800

Another reason to have a unique oracle ID/home for each instance. It makes this much easier...

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs. -- Kernighan

                      Jared.Still_at_radis
                      ys.com                   To:       ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      root_at_fatcity.com         Subject:  Re: can't create database

                      03/12/2003 01:44
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

I run into this every time I stop 9.2 on Linux.

No need to reboot. Just use ipcrm to remove the offending SHM segments.

If you don't know which ones, use ORADEBUG to find the segments you shouldn't remove from other running databases.

Or just shutdown all instances and remove any SHM owned by Oracle.

Probably a bug, but I haven't checked into it yet.

Jared

Boyle Candi <candi.boyle_at_siemens.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 03/12/2003 09:44 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: can't create database

I've had this problem on linux. Best and fastest solution: reboot the server. There is a memory issue preventing you from starting oracle. I just had it happen about 2 minutes ago on an upgrade to 9i. Reboot, and now I can start the db.

-Candi

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 12:07, Schwerdtfeger, Christoph wrote:
> Am Mit, 2003-03-12 um 17.20 schrieb Ray Stell:
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:19:53AM -0800, Schwerdtfeger, Christoph
wrote:

directory different from where the db create scripts were looking for it. The second problem was that one of the init parameters was for Enterprise Edition and I was installing Standard Edition.

the DB Creation wizard work without getting some error.

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Ron Thomas
  INET: rthomas_at_hypercom.com