Re: can't create database

From: <candi.boyle_at_siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:14:47 -0800

I've had this problem on linux. Best and fastest solution: reboot the server. There is a memory issue preventing you from starting oracle. I just had it happen about 2 minutes ago on an upgrade to 9i. Reboot, and now I can start the db.

-Candi

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 12:07, Schwerdtfeger, Christoph wrote:
> Am Mit, 2003-03-12 um 17.20 schrieb Ray Stell:
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:19:53AM -0800, Schwerdtfeger, Christoph
wrote:

directory different from where the db create scripts were looking for it. The second problem was that one of the init parameters was for Enterprise Edition and I was installing Standard Edition.

DB Creation wizard work without getting some error.

<mstahlke_at_denvernewspaperagency.com> wrote:
> [...]
Oracle

Author: Boyle Candi
  INET: candi.boyle_at_siemens.com

  INET: candi.boyle_at_siemens.com