iDirectory

From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:09:12 -0800

All-

I am researching the technology of the Internet Directory. Does anyone have experience with this? I am currently using tnsnames files on all my boxes, I am running on Unix. I realize this directory would replace the tnsnames files but lots of confusion on how it works.

  1. Would the directory be able to give users authentication to different instances on the same box with multiple logins?
  2. I assume the directory will allow the user to go between physical boxes but will it know what instance to go to and the security of the user coming in?
  3. Once this directory is in place, can tnsnames be used at the same time or does it have to be one or the other?
  4. Also, since this directory is LDAP compliant can this directory be replaced by another LDAP compliant directory of my choice? Assuming the necessary attributes were include.

Just a few thoughts and concerns.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

LeRoy

Author: LeRoy Kemnitz
  INET: lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 12:09:12 CST