For Dick Goulet - - RE: why SAN ? why not external storage ?

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:54:20 -0800

Dick ... did you have problems with Netapps on your archivelogs or

         just the datafiles or both??

 We are considering using it for alternative archivelog solution...

Last place we were at ....we did have a few issue with datafiles but it got worked out and worked fine after that.

Brian

Author: "Rahul" <rahul_at_infotech.co.id>
Date:       3/12/2003 12:33 AM

list, one of our clietns are going to by SAN, the current oracle databases take
around
36GB of storage.... i dnt understand there reason to go for SAN, i sugguested to
buy an external storage
box instead. How can i justify my desicion ? (cost of not the factor)

TIA
rahul

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>list, one of our clietns are going to by SAN,
the
current oracle databases take around </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>36GB of storage.... i dnt understand there
reason
to go for SAN, i sugguested to buy an external storage </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>box instead. How can i justify my desicion ?
(cost
of not the factor) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>rahul</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com