Re: New Storage

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:33:45 -0800

Don't think "space". Think "throughput rates". Read rates, write rates, peak rates, sustained rates. Press the vendors on those issues, not manageability and capacity. Don't measure $/Gb, but $/Gb/sec.

Good luck!

  Hello All,
  We are planning for a new storage with a few options in hand for the storage systems. We have had presentation from

  1. Net Apps for FAS960c
  2. Hitachi for 9900V series
  3. EMC for Clarion CX600, Symettrix 8830

  Our requirement is for 8 TB to start with, with a few databases on it with OLTP & DWH environments.   Any suggestions from Oracle point of view...?   Personally for various reasons and functionalities, etc. available, we are looking for EMC Symettrix 8830... and maybe a Symmetrix DMX 2000.

  Thanks in advance...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 07:33:45 CST