Re: Oracle position on hints

From: Bjørn Engsig <bjorn_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:48:40 -0800

Undskyld, I should have added a wide ironic smily. I am very much aware of the far too many poorly written applications out there - you are sometimes amazed that even large software producing companies seem to thoroughly make every effort to produce bad code or simply ignore well established guidelines.

Interestingly enough, a company like the one I work for is getting a lot of business from assisting in performance optimizing, where the real cause of the problems is poorly written applications. Personally, I would much rather advise people in how to design and produce applications rather than pointing out at a far too late stage, that mistakes have been made very early in the process.

/Bjørn.

--
Bjørn Engsig, Miracle A/S
Member of Oak Table Network <http://www.oaktable.net>