Re: LMT monitoring

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:49:02 -0800

Based on these two points:

> The version is 8.1.7.1.0
> The table is populated by sqlldr direct path.

I have a bit of gossip (i.e. someone I know told me that someone he knows told him
that he'd heard that ...) there have been cases where parallel execution slaves have applied extent trimming in locally managed tablespaces in operations like CTAS and
create index - even though they clearly should not. I haven't tried to test this myself.

Perhaps, given you have a low release of 8.1.7, and given that there is probably some code overlap between PX create and SQL direct load perhaps you are coming across the same
issue.

One detail worth checking is that every extent in an Autoallocate tablespace should probably be on the 'correct' boundary - i.e. an 8M extent should start a multiple of 8M from the bitmap, a 1M extent should start a multiple of 1M from the bitmap and so on. (This is something that I have observed, but not yet proved in 9.2). Are your odd-sized extents packed in next to each other, or do they start at 8M boundaries, leaving gaps of 2 to 6 MB ?

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Now available One-day tutorials: