Re: DBV Cannot Load Module LIBDCE.A

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:23:43 -0800

Make sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /usr/lib.

At least, I think it's LD_LIBRARY_PATH, been awhile since doing anything on AIX. In any case, libdce.a should be in /usr/lib.

Jared

PS. Google is your friend

"Sam Bootsma" <sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 03/11/2003 01:44 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        DBV Cannot Load Module LIBDCE.A

We are running Oracle 7.3.4.5.0 on an IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.3.4.0.0.

When I attempt to run DBV I get the following error messages

$ dbv help=y

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program dbv because of the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module libdce.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module libdce.a(shr.o).
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
not exist.
$

I do not want to play around with a custom installation to try to install missing components because this is a production database and because I am new here. The regular DBA is on holidays and not available.

I did a search for file "libdce" on the original CD for "Oracle 7.3.4.0.0 for AIX based systems", but did not find it there. I considered installing Oracle 7.3.4 on my workstation and ftp'ing the files over the network to my workstation. Then doing the database verify. But total size of the data files is 25 GB, and this would unnecessarily clog up our network (even at night).

Any ideas on how I can resolve the DBV problem not loading problem? The short answer is to find the module libdce.a file and any modules dependent on this, but how do I do this?

Thanks,

Sam

sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 17:23:43 CST