Re: tkprof output

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:53:53 -0800

Using sys=yes on the tkprof command line would be a good start.

That way you will see which statements are generating all the recursive SQL. Jared

"AK" <oramagic_at_hotmail.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 03/11/2003 11:29 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        tkprof output

I am running tkprof on event 10046 output and I see at the end . elapsed time of 18 secs in recursive calls thats what surprises me . Do you know what I should look at next and what can be done to reduce these timings

Thanks,
-ak

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL NON-RECURSIVE STATEMENTS call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 26 0.08 0.10 3 26 0 0
Execute 37 0.04 0.08 0 4 6 2
Fetch 32 1.13 2.14 5079 5189 70 30
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

total 95 1.25 2.32 5082 5219 76 32

Misses in library cache during parse: 23

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL RECURSIVE STATEMENTS call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 41 0.03 0.05 0 0 0 0
Execute 541 4.40 12.30 1051 6442 63782 38712
Fetch 550 3.23 6.31 3977 24298 340 419
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

total 1132 7.66 18.66 5028 30740 64122 39131

Misses in library cache during parse: 9

  164 user SQL statements in session.
   41 internal SQL statements in session.   205 SQL statements in session.
    0 statements EXPLAINed in this session.

Trace file: ora_28633_ak.trc
Trace file compatibility: 8.00.04
Sort options: default
       1  session in tracefile.
     164  user  SQL statements in trace file.
      41  internal SQL statements in trace file.
     205  SQL statements in trace file.
     167  unique SQL statements in trace file.
    5369 lines in trace file.

Author: AK
  INET: oramagic_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 13:53:53 CST