Re: POLL: Database to DBA ratio

From: david davis <ddoralist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:47:50 -0800

Chuck,

I support 17 development, 2 production oracle databases, 3 DB2/MVS databases and 1 SQL Server. A coworker supports only 1 application and that is in UAT/Dev environment but it is a highly active application in the multi-Terabyte range (UDB). We have external prod. support for some of our apps (IBM).

I think how many a DBA can support will depend upon a number of things such as (by no means a complete list):

David

Author: david davis
  INET: ddoralist_at_hotmail.com