RE: Disable / enable constraints

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:00:45 -0800

Ron,

SYS_ constraints are NOT NULL constraints. They are also those constraints placed on tables by you that you have not named. This is why we should always name our constraints!

The Constraint_Type field is decoded as follows:

C = Check Constraint
P = Primary Key
R = Relational (Foreign Key) constraint
U = Unique Constraint

There are probably others documented in the Oracle docs someplace.

Hope this helps!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 12:00:45 CST