Re:POLL: Database to DBA ratio

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:34:01 -0800

Chuck,

    We've got near as many instances as you (40 at last count) but in three different locations(2 in Mass although there 10 miles apart and one in CA). Consequently there are three DBA's. You also might want to take a head count of what I refer to as "screaming mimesis" (end users who whenever anything wrong happens must be experiencing the end of the world). One dba per 5 of these appears to be the right balance! *-)

Dick Goulet

Author: "Chuck Hamilton" <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date:       3/11/2003 6:59 AM

I'm trying to build a case for management that we need additional DBAs so I'd like to take a quick poll if I may. What is the ratio of Oracle databases to DBAs in your shop? This includes development and production databases. At our shop it's 33:1.

Author: Chuck Hamilton
  INET: chuckh_at_softhome.net

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 11:34:01 CST