Re: Quick question on cursor resource use

From: Bjørn Engsig <bjorn_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:49:44 -0800

I wouldn't hesitate to set it to 500 or a even 1000 if your appliation really needs this many. But if you think about 10's of thousands, I would start really looking af the application to understand if it were written correctly. The major memory is not allocated by setting the parameter, but it will be allocated when you actually start opening and using cursors. (I have also seen people increasing it only because the application was buggy and didn't close cursors after use. This is not a good idea....)

/Bjørn.

--
Bjørn Engsig, Miracle A/S
Member of Oak Table Network <http://www.oaktable.net>