Re: POLL: Database to DBA ratio

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:44:04 -0800

We have 10 development databases that I support directly plus 5 implementation/testing databases that I support as second level and one production snapshot datamart.

16:1

However, there are also DBAs who support each project. That would make the ratio closer to 4:1 or 3:1.

                      "Chuck Hamilton"
                      <chuckh                  To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      @softhome.net>           cc:
                      Sent by: root            Subject: POLL: Database to DBA ratio

                      03/11/2003 09:59
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to ORACLE-L

I'm trying to build a case for management that we need additional DBAs so I'd like to take a quick poll if I may. What is the ratio of Oracle databases to DBAs in your shop? This includes development and production databases. At our shop it's 33:1.

Author: Chuck Hamilton
  INET: chuckh_at_softhome.net