Slow running jobs

From: Brooks, Russ <Russ.Brooks_at_dayzim.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:34:22 -0800

Hi,
  We're having slow response on some batch jobs in our production system. A straight SQL trace shows intermittant slow response times on selects against a variety of tables. What is odd is:

  1. the statistics are current for the tables, frequently the results of a compute.
  2. The same cursor with different bind variables will randomly vary from 200 microseconds to 3.6 seconds, randomly.
  3. This occurs on multiple tables in multiple tablespaces.

What is this normally indicative of?

The other thing I did was run a 10046 level 8 trace for about 20 seconds. I saw 22 log file sync's in that period in the trace file.

Any thoughts welcome.

Russ

Author: Brooks, Russ
  INET: Russ.Brooks_at_dayzim.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 10:34:22 CST