Re: Oracle Development Suite for Linux?

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:08:48 -0800

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:28:50PM -0800, Charles Hart wrote:
> I installed 9.2 on redhat 8.0 with great luck. I installed on a 700 PC
> with 756 megs of memory. I was using forms 6i running on NT client and
> could not tell when I was pointed at this instance verus one running on a
> HP machine. The document I found that was helpful in the install was
> http://otn.oracle.com/tech/linux/pdf/installtips_final.pdf

I believe the real problems where with 8i on a 2.4 kernel. There is a miss-match is the glibc versions used for the kernel and oracle. What a mess. This seemed to work on 8.1.7-rh7.1 combination. rh7.1 is the last free version in the support matrix if that matters.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle8-on-RH7X-HOWTO-3.html

On an error with a 9.0 install:

Error when invoking ..../9.0/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk Doc ID: 197301.995

> >From: Alex Andriyashchenko <Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk>
> >To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> >Subject: Oracle Development Suite for Linux?
> >Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:24:01 -0800
> >
> >Hello List,
> >
> >Has somebody had any luck or problems to install Oracle development
> >suite v9.0.2 under RH Linux? How good it is there now?
> >
> >I found that previous versions run much better under Windows.
> >
> >Thank you for your help.
> >--
> >Best regards,
> >Alex mailto:Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk

> >Everything you'll ever need on one web page
> >from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
> >http://uk.my.yahoo.com
> >
> >--
> >Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net
> >--
> >Author: Alex Andriyashchenko
> > INET: Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk
> >
> >Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com

> Author: Charles Hart
> INET: cchart3_ol_at_hotmail.com

Ray Stell   stellr_at_vt.edu     (540) 231-4109     KE4TJC    28^D
Author: Ray Stell
  INET: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu