RE: "SQL*Net message to client" Wait event with no SQL*Net connec

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:54:32 -0800

Jay,

from what I remember, *all* connections go thru SqlNet - even those that reside on the server. Oracle made this change a few years back (actually, quite a few years back) in preparing themselves for the internet world. and also so that a new release of the database does not require a complete re-compile of everything.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 12:54:32 CST