Re: LMT monitoring

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:09:58 -0800

Sounds like you are using LMTs with system allocation - wait until you get to LMTs with system allocation and ASS management.

Your problem is one of my favourite reasons for sticking to LMTs with uniform extent management. (see www.dbazine.com for an article wrote on LMTs).

There is something on my website about
checking the blocks above the HWM and
blocks on "the" free list on my website, based on a function call to dbms_space.unused_space (or some such) - which I once used as a basis for predictive monitoring - but this won't work with ASSM, or with multiple freelists/freelist groups as it stands.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Now available One-day tutorials: