Re: LPAR on AIX and Oracle Licensing

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:03:37 -0800

Oracle's Software Investment Guide talks about these things, and it's avalable from Oracle.com . Basically, if a machine can be fitted with more than four processors (even if only one or two have been placed in the box), then you have to buy the CPU option. However, if the machine architecture is such that its CPUs can be partitioned, then you can avoid this trap. I've also seen customers arguing successfully about this, even if the architecture is not hardware partiotionable.

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk