RE: how to find elapsed time for a query in oracle 8.1.7 Database

From: <kranti.pushkarna_at_accenture.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:58:38 -0800

Stephane,

       LAST_CALL_ET lets u know that user is idle for so long (correct me id i am wrong) and I want to know which queries are taking long time. Unfortunately I cannot use Oracle trace for it. Regards,
Kranti Pushkarna

              "Stephane Faroult"
              <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com         To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
              >                                cc:
              Sent by:                         Subject: RE: how to find elapsed time for a query in oracle 8.1.7 Database
              root_at_fatcity.com

              03/07/2003 04:28 PM
              Please respond to
              ORACLE-L

>Hi Gurus,
> Is there any way to find out which queries
>are taking say more than
>20 min in oracle 8.1.7 Database.
>Regards,
>Kranti Pushkarna

Switch your mobile phone on :-).

Unless you put your database in trace mode, it is fairly difficult to get this information. Something which comes to my mind but is not very good is to have a small program which queries V$SESSION and gets max(last_call_et) for all the ACTIVE sessions, and checks again (20 * 60 - the value precedently found) seconds later.

Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

  INET: kranti.pushkarna_at_accenture.com